Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tuesday Teaser: "Ready Player One" and "Growing Up Colt"


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser.   
Gerard's:
Then I made a silent vow not to go outside again until I had completed my quest. I would abandon the real world altogether until I found the egg.
From page 166 of Ready Player One by Ernest Cline.

Karen's:
A few days later, after the dust had settled, I actually thanked Dad for making me ride that steer. I also told him how scared I was to ride that night, and then we talked about how you sometimes have to do things even whey you're scared.
Taken from page 74 of Growing Up Colt--A Father, a Son, a Life in Football by Colt and Brad McCoy.  (For those you don't know, Colt McCoy is the Cleveland Browns Quarterback so that's why I'm reading this one--I'm a Browns fan!)

CHECK OUT OUR GIVEAWAY:
This is the last day to enter our giveaway for the audio book, IRON HOUSE by John Hart.  

You can help our charity of the month just by leaving a comment on any of our blogs! We will donate 50 cents per comment at the end of the month. The charity for this month is at the top of our blog.

10 comments:

  1. Great teaser. I like both of yours. I've been thinking about reading Ready Player One. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also here is my teaser for this week: http://thebookshelfreview.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday5-clip-from-hunger-games.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay...I know nothing about Ready Player One. But I am so wondering...why are we on a quest for an egg?

    Here's mine: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesdays_30.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting combination of teasers today. I'm a football fan too but I follow several teams - the Colts, the Chiefs, and the Packers.

    Margot @ Quirky Girls Read

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a football fan, but the egg quest has me intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teasers!

    here's mine:

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday_30.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely for you to donate money to charity on the comments you receive! Awesome!

    The first teaser has me wondering what in the heck the egg is and why it's so important to forget the rest of reality until you find it!

    The second teaser - I wouldn't want to get on a steer for anything in the world! I definitely understand having to do things that are scary though, even if you don't want to. That's a lesson every person learns eventually, I think.

    Thanks so much for hopping on by my blog!

    April @ My Shelf Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you donate! Hope you will stop by my teaser at http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com

    Sincerely,
    Emma Michaels

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ready Player One was interesting, vowing never to go outside again until the quest was complete. How is that possible?

    Growing Up Colt had truth in it. I liked how he was able to do something he was scared of. Its realistic.

    Great teasers. Might have to check out both of these books. Thanks for commenting on ours.

    <3 Sarah @ The Story Seekers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both books sound interesting-- very different, too.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails