Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Tuesday Teasers: 4 Today


Gerard's:
My breath caught in my chest.  I started to feel dizzy.  I had counted on no one here knowing, or at least no one talking about it.

From page 11 of Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira.


"We're trying to get you out of this.  A girl is dead, and everyone wants to hold you and your friends accountable for what happened."
From page 8 of Tease by Amanda Maciel.  (Found this book recommendation in Entertainment Weekly.)
Karen's:
Though he rejected the role of scholar, he amazed his high school mates by bluffing his way through assignments, particularly book reports.  He never read any of the designated books but made up his own titles, authors, and plots.  What's more, he got away with it.

From page 33 of I Promised My Dad by Cheryl Landon Wilson with Jane Scovell.  

Some sinful things are happening that require your immediate attention.  I pray really hard to keep the evil at bay, but I am only twelve and am not sure that I have your strength as a holy person.
From page 67 of Horse Camp by Nicole Helget and Nate LeBoutellier.

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page (well, we cheat and choose specific ones)
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser.   

Happy Reading!

3 comments:

  1. All four teasers are great this week :) I see that I'll be adding to my TBR list again, thanks guys!
    Here's my Teaser Tuesday
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed all of these teasers! I hope to start Love Letters to the Dead soon, and I'll definitely be checking out the other titles. Thanks so much for sharing and for stopping by my Teaser. Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails