Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Tuesday Teasers - Three This Week


Gerard's:

Dogs presumably don't put on fake smiles, but they do send out hundreds of subtle signals that we often miss.  Amanda has become an expert over the years at judging a dog's mood, and she'll stop a studio session if she senses that a dog is anxious or uncomfortable. 
 From page 40 of Travels With Casey--My Journey Through Our Dog-Crazy Country by Benoit Denizet-Lewis.  (Non-fiction)


We cannot allow not only a great many adults, but their children, too, to be subjected to such danger.  As the headmistress of a school, I know certain parents who are in thrall to this gentleman, and who swear by him and him alone to head their families.

From page 15 of The Stone Boy by Sophie Loubiere. (Review up Wednesday.)

Karen's:

The real grenades felt unexpectedly heavy.  Her drill sergeant told her she would blow herself up if she made a mistake, which made her clumsy with terror, but as she leaned against a wall clutching two grenades against her chest, a trainer standing beside her asked where she was from, and when she said Indiana, he brought up Bobby Knight.

From page 19  of Soldier Girls by Helen Thorpe.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just pick two sentences from the book you are reading.

See our Favorite Reads for August.  Happy Reading!

6 comments:

  1. I know a lot of people who read books about dogs and/or cats but it's never really appealed to me. I might have to give one a go at some point though. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been always interested in books about dogs. reminds me of lessie or air bud :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll watch for your review of The Stone Boy. Of the three books you've featured, that one appeals to me most.
    My Tuesday post features The Gods of Second Chances.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sound of Soldier Girls, but it's 'The Stone Boy' that really has me intrigued! I really want to know who this gentleman is! Thanks for sharing :) hope you have a great week!
    My Tuesday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Stone Boy sounds like a great read, I'll be back for the review tomorrow :-) Here is my TT http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/09/02/teaser-tuesday-september-2/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a dog person myself! Good teasers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails