Saturday, June 13, 2015

"The Cage" by Megan Shepherd was a bit Disappointing

The Cage by Megan Shepherd is about six teens snatched from earth and plopped into some space station called “the Cage” to be studied and tested, kind of like lab rats. Their habitat consists of a desert, a farm, a jungle, an ocean, and a town with fake buildings that has things similar to those on earth but from different time periods. There are black screens everywhere so they can be watched and only three rules.

I liked the premise, but was disappointed in the ending and felt betrayed just as the characters did. Cora, a 16-yr-old girl who is a senator’s daughter did not appeal to me and was the main character. The others were Rolf, Nok, Mali, Leon and Lucky. This science fiction/fantasy novel is about manipulation, the fight for humanity, some romance and betrayal.

I liked it okay in that it kept my interest and I did like most of the characters, but the ending was very disappointing to me and I had a hard time relating to the main character because she reacted completely different than I would in that situation.
(Karen's review, 3 stars)


Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails