Saturday, February 20, 2016

"Glass Sword" by Victoria Aveyard (We Both Liked This)

Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard is the second book in the Red Queen series that I was anxiously looking forward to reading.  In this book, Mare and Cal join with the Red Guard to round up more Reds like Mare (red bloods with extra powers) to try to overthrow the silvers who are in power.  There is a lot of fighting in this book and many different super powers come into play.

I was somewhat disappointed with this book because I didn't get wowed by it like I did the first.  There were not as many surprises in this one for me and although it kept my interest, it didn't really grip me.  There is a lot of action but I would have liked a map to have a better idea of where all the places were that they were going to recruit Newbloods.   The ending left me feeling sad.  It was good but I was expecting better.
(Karen's review, 4 stars)

Glass Sword is the follow up to Red Queen.  In Glass Sword, Mare is trying to get an army together to take down the king and Elara.  As she does, she begins to question the cost and other people begin to question her actions.  I thought this book was really good.  I loved all the action and the super powers of some of the people called Newbloods that Mare finds.  This book may not be quite as good as the first, but it's close!  I look forward to book 3 of the series.
(Gerard's review, 5+ stars)

See our review of RED QUEEN, the first in this series.

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails