Wednesday, March 9, 2016

"Go Set a Watchman" by Harper Lee was Disappointing

Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee is about the girl Scout from To Kill a Mockingbird grown up. She comes back to her hometown from living on her own in New York to visit for a couple weeks. She is shocked at some of the changes she finds and is especially disappointed in her father who she idolized as a girl.

This was a big disappointment to me and I almost quit on it twice, but plowed through to the end. It was just very boring. The only parts I really liked were the few flashbacks to when Scout was a child and teenager which were humorous. I really liked her in the first book, but didn’t like her at all in this one. The theme was that everyone needs to follow their own conscience and not to judge others based on only their actions without knowing their motives. I would highly suggest you pass on this book.
(Karen's review, 1 star)

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. I disagree with you wholeheartedly. I think people go into this book expecting waaaaay too much.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails