Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Teaser Tuesday



Karen's:

Mom screamed by my ear, and May jumped up, sending popcorn everywhere.  Gerad got excited too and started dancing.  Dad . . it's hard to say, but I think he was secretly smiling behind his book.

From page 56 of The Selection by Kiera Cass.

"Maybe we shouldn't go," Jonathan repeated.  "Maybe we shouldn't tell what happened.  Yet."
From page 60 of Scar Island by Dan Gemeinhart.

Gerard's:
"Do you really want to do this?" She wagged her finger between them.  "A battle of wits?  It's not even fun to destroy you because you're too dim to understand you're getting destroyed."
From page 59 of The Serpent King by Liz Moore.


My fingers curl into the door frame so tightly it's a wonder they don't pierce the wood.  But I can do it, one whole foot outside my front door, without my chest getting tight.
From page 24 of Under Rose-Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by The Purple Booker.   Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just pick two sentences from the book you are reading.  Happy Reading!

7 comments:

  1. Ooh, all these books sound pretty interesting! I hope you enjoy them all(:

    My teaser is from The Gift of Rain by Tan Twan Eng

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all sound good -- I like the first teaser best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the first one grabs me the best too, but you always have good picks.

    Mine this week is from a historical novel: https://wp.me/p3Nz8P-1aY

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these are great choices. I'm especially curious about Scar Island.

    My TT from Sweet Lake

    ReplyDelete
  5. These all sound good. I haven't read any of them yet but The Selection is on my TBR mountain. As usual, I have two this week - The Cold Eye by Laura Anne Gilman and Southern Gothic by Dale Wiley. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the sound of both of yours, Karen. The Serpent King I was just reading about the other day somewhere. That last one sounds a bit tense for me. Here's my link for today: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-1s6

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of these sound so interesting! I hope you enjoy them all!

    Here’s my Teaser Tuesday!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails