Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Tuesday Teasers



Karen's:

He had long bought into the Wolverines' misfit identity, and he figured if he learned how to coach kids without shoes, he could learn how to coach a kid without legs too.  "Tell him to come to practice," he said finally.  "We'd love to have him."
From page 17 of Carry of--A Story of Resilience, Redemption, and an Unlikely Family by Lisa Fenn.

Gerard's:

I recognized the paramedics and I could tell they recognized me, so they knew who they'd be finding in the bathroom and rescuing from the clutches of death.  It wasn't the first time I'd seen them and it wouldn't be the last.
From page 16 of Train I Ride by Paul Mosier.

No, I will stand.  And though I have no idea how, I have to keep fighting, even here in the belly of the beast.
From page 7 of King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard (3rd book in The RED QUEEN series)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by The Purple Booker.   Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just pick two sentences from the book you are reading.  Happy Reading!

3 comments:

  1. All of these are good teasers and I've not heard of the authors before. It's fun to find new ones.

    My TT from Ice Hunt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to continue with the Red Queen series. Loved the first book.
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also need to continue with the Red Queen series. I stopped after book 1. From my review stack this week, I have The Dragon's Price by Bethany Wiggins. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails