Saturday, June 23, 2018

"Draw the Circle" by Mark Batterson

Draw the Circle by Mark Batterson is a devotional book on prayer along with a workbook and a DVD. Our church encouraged everyone to do this study together for 40 days so my husband and I read this book and participated together. The DVD is simply the author talking about the same exact things he wrote in the book. In my opinion, the DVD is redundant and not needed if you read the book.

I thought the book was very interesting and it helped me to improve my prayer time and inspired me to pray more using scripture. It also challenged me to have a prayer journal again. I enjoyed reading about the amazing answers to some prayers that he shared in this book. I did not agree with everything in the book, but most was very good and Biblical.
(Karen's Review, 5 stars)

Teaser from page 28:  Almost like hunger pangs that hit you after going too long without eating, I couldn't go too long without hitting my knees.  Kneeling became almost as instinctual as eating or sleeping.

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails