Tuesday, December 25, 2018

"The Girl with the Broken Heart" by Lurlene McDaniel

In The Girl with the Broken Heart by Lurlene McDaniel, Kenzie's second year of college comes to a close.  Instead of going home, she heads off to work at a horse farm to take care of three horses!  She has her reasons.  Austin, who has secrets comes into the picture to help Kenzie with the horses.

I enjoyed this book!  Kenzie and Austin were really good characters.  The book had good pacing so I really could not figure out the whole story.  I had this book at 5 stars, but the ending par pushed it up to a 5++ stars, my highest rank!  I recommend this one to anyone who likes Hallmark movies--good read.
(Gerard's review, 5++ stars)

Karen's review:
The Girl with the Broken Heart is a teen romance between Kenzie, a college girl with a heart issue and Austin, the guy who was her helper in caring for rescue horses during one summer. Austin finds himself falling in love with her even though he tries not to. He has secrets he does not want to share.

This book is okay. Kenzie and Austin’s feelings are developed slowly which makes their relationship very believable. I liked that there are no sex scenes in this book. Although there are sad events, the writing did not touch my emotions. I thought this was pretty ho-hum but enjoyed the horse part of the story. (3 stars)


Teaser from page 18:  She closed her eyes, took deep breaths.  "I . . . I know.  I didn't mean to yell at you.  I guess I was expecting someone--"

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails