Friday, January 25, 2019

"Everless" by Sara Holland--We Both Gave This 4 Stars

Everless by Sara Holland is her debut novel. It is a fantasy about mystery, magic, betrayal as Jules goes searching for an answer to why her father told her to never let the queen see her and to run if she ever saw Liam Gerling, once a childhood friend who banished her and her father from Everless. I liked Jules, but it didn’t make sense to me that she wouldn’t listen to her father and not go back to Everless, a dangerous place for her. She discovers her papa kept lots of secrets from her which leads to her searching for even more answers!

As with any fantasy, some things didn’t make a whole lot of sense to me, but I enjoyed this book anyway. It has a lot of interesting characters and an angle I haven’t come across before with the blood iron—stealing people’s years of life by draining some blood from them. This was a hard concept for me to really understand. The character interaction is what kept my interest. I didn’t like that one of my favorite characters was killed.
(Karen’s review, 4 stars)

Gerard's review:
Everless by Sara Holland is fantasy and this author's first novel.  The concept was a new one that I have never read before.  It deals with blood and you can store it up to live longer.  The main character is a young girl named Jules who I liked.  I was engaged for the most part.  The ending was wild to say the least, but I liked it enough that I will read book 2--Evermore!  (4 stars)

Teaser from page 16: If I hadn’t pulled Roan out before the flames could catch, he would have been burned alive. And as my reward, we had to flee the only home I had ever known, because Papa was afraid of what Liam would do to me if we stayed at Everless, knowing what I had seen.


Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails