Thursday, April 18, 2019

"That Good Night" by Sunita Puri (Two Different Opinions)

That Good Night--Life and Medicine in the Eleventh Hour by Sunita Puri is a true story.   Sunita works in Palliative care.  This is where people are who are in bad shape health wise.  She tells the stories of some of her patients.  She also details the lessons that she learned from her mom, who was a doctor and life lessons from her dad.

WOW!  This book is very good!  I hated to see it end!  I got lost in this book many times.  The stories she tells of her patients are really good!  These touched my heart.  The part that deals with her parents was good too!  This is my book of the month so far--a must read!
(Gerard's review, 5++ stars)

Karen's review (we differ on this one):
That Good Night by Sunita Puri is about Sunita’s journey to becoming a doctor on a Palliative care team. As I understand it, Palliative care deals with getting families to realize what their dying loved ones want concerning end of life care. Sunita shares different patient scenarios and conversations with their families concerning their care as well as snippets of her personal life. This book is thought provoking and sad. I read it because my husband said how good it was, but I would not recommend it. I found it tedious to get through and although I enjoyed hearing about the different patients, it just moved very slowly for me. I look forward to getting back to fiction! (3 stars)

Teaser from page4 33:  I pursed my lips tightly.  I was a fledgling intern, a neophyte doctor.  How could I possibly tell him how long he had to live? 

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails