Thursday, November 21, 2019

"The Batboy" by Mike Lupica

The Batboy by Mike Lupica is another good sports book for kids that I enjoyed as well. Brian’s parents are divorced and baseball has become his life, just like it was for his dad. This story is about Brian’s best summer ever when he gets to be batboy for the Detroit Tigers and sees baseball from the inside. Then his own baseball team is having a great season too! To top things off, his all-time favorite player, Hank Bishop, is making a comeback and signed with the Tigers! Unfortunately, Hank is not what he expected, but Brian still pursues a friendship with him in spite of Hank’s harshness towards him.

There is a lot of baseball in this book which I enjoyed. It gives some insight into baseball history and even shows the struggles of a player going through a slump. It captures the excitement of the game and was a pleasure to read. I loved the ending!   I highly recommend this to any kid who likes baseball.
(Karen's review, 5 stars)

Teaser from page 15: Working for the Tigers, even if it’s just for one summer, is my dream. And my mom, even though she isn’t too big on baseball since my dad left, is always telling me that you can’t know if your dreams are out of reach until you actually reach for them.


Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails