Tuesday, May 3, 2022

"No Ordinary Dog" by Will Chesney, U.S. Navy Seal

No Ordinary Dog by Will Chesney tells the true story of Will, a Navy Seal and his dog, Cairo.  When I first decided to read this book, my plan was to just skim the first part to get to the dog part of it, but I ended up reading every word because the writing was so good and it was so interesting!  I liked how the author shared his personal feelings about what he went through trying to become a Navy Seal and how he wound up being a dog handler for the Seals.  Cairo was the dog Will was matched with and what a great dog Cairo was!  It was exciting to read about the battles they fought together, especially the one where Bin Laden was finally killed.  I enjoyed reading about Will and Cairo's wonderful relationship and of course cried at the end when Cairo had cancer and had to be put down.  I just brought back the memory of when we had to let Abby go and how we were so selfish, letting her be in such pain for so long.  I also felt bad for Will who suffered injuries and had to wait for so long to get a medical retirement.  This is a book I won't soon forget!  (Karen's review, 5 stars)

Gerard's review March 25, 2022:
No Ordinary Dog
by Will Chesney tells the true story of Will, a Navy Seal and his dog, Cairo.  What a great read!  The first part tells how Will became a Seal and soon after he was matched up with Cairo, a very special dog!  What they have the dogs trained to do is amazing!  It makes me glad to know these people and their dogs are defending us.  (5+ stars)

To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails