Thursday, January 13, 2011

"Dogwood" by Chris Fabry

Dogwood by Chris Fabry is a short novel that I found a bit hard to follow at first.  It got off to kind of a slow start but takes some unexpected turns along the way that made for interesting reading.  It’s about Will who is in love with a girl from high school that he decides is worth waiting for, even though it means being an ex-con and returning to his small hometown in West Virginia which doesn’t want him back.

This book is about illusions.  Things are not what they seem.  I’m glad I finished it because it did get good at the end and was hard to put down; however, overall, I really didn’t care much for this one.  I’d be curious to hear what others think of it.  It’s not your usual crime mystery or romance, that’s for sure!   Discussion questions are included--could be a book club read.

Have you read this one? What did you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails