Monday, May 16, 2011

"The Mary Surratt Lincoln Assassination Trial" by Bryna J. Fireside


Let me see a show of hands please for all those people who know the name Mary Surratt and her place in history. My hand would not have been raised before I read The Mary Surratt Lincoln Assassination Trial by Bryna J. Fireside. I enjoyed learning about history that I know nothing about. She was the only woman hanged in the U.S. This book covers the trial, the plot, and the killing of President Lincoln. It is only 109 pages so I finished it in one day. It left me wondering if Mary was innocent or guilty. I believe it's well worth your time to read!

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? You can help our charity of the month just by leaving a comment on any of our blogs! We will donate 50 cents per comment at the end of the month. The charity for this month is at the top of our blog.

4 comments:

  1. I would love to read this book! I watched a cable special on the Lincoln assassination and thought it was intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting book. I think I heard about her, wasn't she the one that was shielded by an umbrella on the gallows?

    http://www.ManOfLaBook.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate: It's a very short book but definitely worth your time. I stopped by your blog--really cute header!

    Man of la Book:
    Gerard doesn't remember any umbrella in this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally into Lincoln lately and the strangest thing happened the other day. I was cleaning my upstairs hall closet and found a small leather book titled "An evening with Lincoln" by Sherwin Cody dated 1927. I was freaking out!! We have no idea where it came from..freaky:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails