Wednesday, July 13, 2011

"Faith" by Jennifer Haigh is a Must Read!

WOW! Double Wow!  Faith by Jennifer Haigh is good!  It is told by a sister who has two brothers.  One brother is a priest, accused of molesting a child.  I loved this book, especially enjoyed the family.  A loving family, this is not.  Brother vs. brother, sister vs. brother, husband vs. wife made for great reading.  The last 75 pages are some of the best pages you will read all year!  It was impossible to put down!  The ending is a shocker!  I highly recommend you put this on your TBR list--it's SO GOOD!
(Gerard's review)

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? You can help our charity of the month just by leaving a comment on any of our blogs! We will donate 50 cents per comment at the end of the month. The charity for this month is at the top of our blog.

3 comments:

  1. the book club selection has been posted. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know most reviewers really liked this book. I don't know why, but I didn't like it very much at all. I was quite disappointed, because I had heard there was a lot of positive buzz. Oh, well. Just proves that we're all unique! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't put it down. I lived in the area at the time and was mesmerized by the whole book. Nothing I have read on this subject came close to the real problem with the church. Called all my friends to get this book. Well written. I think this book is for everyone. I just downloaded Mrs. Kimbal and can't wait to get started.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails