Friday, July 29, 2011

"What I Learned When I Almost Died" by Chris Licht


This is the true account of Chris Licht’s experience of having a brain hemorrhage. He wrote What I Learned When I Almost Died to give others the benefit of the life lessons he learned from having a near-death experience. Basically, he learned his family and friends were more important than his job. I think most people already know this, but he was a TV producer who feared losing his job--a TV producer.

By reading this book, I did learn that if I ever get a really unusual pain in my head, I need to go right to a hospital emergency room and say “I do not get headaches and this is the worst headache of my life.”
“. . . which is an informal code within the medical profession. Any decent ER would interpret the phrases to mean I was not a habitual complainer, I was in the midst of something rare, pay attention, give me a CAT scan.” P.7-8

I could have skipped this book and not missed much.

Have you read this one? What did you think of it?
You can help our charity of the month just by leaving a comment on any of our blogs! We will donate 50 cents per comment at the end of the month. The charity for this month is at the top of our blog.

1 comment:

  1. The title pulled me in but it sounds like it isn't a great read. ;-(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails