Monday, October 17, 2011

"The Leftovers" by Tom Perrotta

The Leftovers by Tom Perrotta is about a town where a rapture takes place. People who were on Earth are suddenly gone and the people who are left have to come to grips with that. I enjoyed how the different characters dealt with it. This is not a "wow" book by any means, but an enjoyable read nonetheless.
(Gerard's review)

Have you read this one? What did you think of it?

You can help our charity of the month just by leaving a comment on any of our blogs! We will donate 50 cents per comment at the end of the month. The charity for this month is at the top of our blog.

4 comments:

  1. Nope, I haven't read this one.

    I have an award for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the award. We'll add it to our award page with a link back to your post; however, we don't generally do posts with it and pass it along. It's just too time consuming and we don't think our readers care to read this type of posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a book on my radar since my husband, who rarely reads, is reading the Left Behind series and actually asked me about this book. So I'll be picking it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate: Hope you enjoy it. Gerard liked it all right but it didn't appeal to me at all. I started it but before getting very far, the first few page, I realized it wasn't about "the" rapture because people were missing that weren't even Christians. So my guess was that either it's a science fiction book with a different cause for the missing people or it is about the rapture but not with a Biblical view. Either way, I wasn't interested.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails