Friday, December 23, 2011

"Keep Your Brain Alive: 83 Neurobic Exercises" by Lawrence Katz



This is a quick-read but very interesting and practical. The gist of the book is to improve memory, you need to keep your brain active and use all of your senses. “Routines can be brain deadening.” Basically, learn to enjoy new experiences, change things around, interact with people and change up routines.

The most startling thing I learned from reading this book is: "Research has shown that watching television literally numbs the mind: The brain is less active during TV-viewing than during sleep!" (p. 117)

Gerard gave me this one for my birthday--thanks, honey!  You need to read it too!

(Karen's review--My rating: 5 of 5 stars)


Have you read this one? What did you think of it?

You can help our charity of the month just by leaving a comment on any of our blogs! We will donate 50 cents per comment at the end of the month. The charity for this month is at the top of our blog.

2 comments:

  1. I am not surprised to hear that TV is brain-numbing. We don't have cable...and I don't miss it one little bit.

    Great Charity Choice!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep Your Brain Alive ! Because you need to listen to this !!!!
    Hoo Hoo Hoo ! I won't be around till next 3 weeks, But I would love to say...Merry Merry Christmas !!
    I wish you all have a very best time : )
    xoxo

    Puddy and Mom Boom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails