Saturday, March 2, 2013

"Game Over" by Dave Zirin

Game Over by Dave Zirin gives an eye opening account of things that happen in sports off the playing field.  For example, Oregon University is struggling to pay their teachers, but that has no bearing on a brand new sports complex costing $41.7 million for their athletes to train in.  At Texas, undergraduate tuition increased 4%, but their football coach got a raise of $2 million.  This book has stuff like that which you don't always read in the sports pages.  I enjoyed most of it and give it 4 stars.  This is NOT a page-turner, more like a plow through.  I almost gave up on it at the beginning.
(Gerard's review)

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. Vегy nіcе poѕt. I just stumblеd upon уour blog
    anԁ wіѕhed to say that I've really enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. After all I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!

    Stop by my webpage Chemietoilette

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails