Saturday, March 30, 2013

"Her" by Christa Parravani

Gerard liked it; I didn't. 

Gerard's review of 3/30/13
Her by Christa Parravani is about her and her twin, Cara.  When Cara passes away, Christa finds herself at a loss and pretty soon starts to follow the same path that did Cara in!  Which path is that and what does Christa do to get back straight?  You will have to read to find out.


I enjoyed this book.  The parts of the book I liked best was the interaction between the two sisters.  I was going to give this book 4 stars, but the ending was SO good, it pushed it up to 5 stars.  Not a "must read" but it is good.  Give it a shot, you will be glad you did!


Karen's review posted 3/4/13:
Her by Christa Parravani is a dark memoir.  When Christa's identical twin died, Christa sort of changed into her.  In this book, Christa shares about their bond, her guilt, and her struggle with handling her sister's death.

This book was very sad and depressing to me.  It is hard for me to imagine people actually living their lives like this, on drugs, infidelity, abuse, in and out of mental hospitals, and seeking advice from psychics.  It also jumped around a lot which made it hard to follow.

This book did not appeal to me but I can understand that it was helpful for her to write about her sister and her struggle. The only reason I kept reading was because I was hoping for a happy ending.  I won't tell you how it ends because I do not want to spoil it for you. 


We received an advanced reading copy of this book which goes on sale March 2013.  This did not affect our review.

Happy Reading!  (I'm releasing this one "into the wild" through bookcrossing.com in August, 2013.  If you join, please use my screen name as your referral:  BookDumper.

3 comments:

  1. Applause for YOU !!!
    My mom couldn't read this kind of book !
    But your review is fabulous ! make the book so interesting : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a depressing book to read :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what about trying on for size "darren palmer's ill fated transsexual summer!" LOL!

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails