Saturday, September 7, 2013

I, II, II John and Jude are Short but Powerful Books!

I read all these books in one week because they are all short, some in fact are only 1 chapter!  I John is the longest with five chapters, and has a lot of good things in it with the primary theme of loving God and others.  I marked a lot of verses in this book and highly recommend it!  

II John is about truth and love and that we must believe Jesus was truly human.  Verse 10 says not to welcome people into your home or even greet them if they do not believe Jesus was truly human! 

III John is about working together and support people who leave to tell others about the Lord. 

The book of Jude is about false teachers being evil and that God will punish them.  I really like the greeting in verse two which says, "I pray that God will greatly bless you with kindness, peace, and love."  What a good thing to pray for my family and friends. 

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. such purity. i didn't fancy the ocean at the end of the lane, quite boring really and lacked real Masculine Substance. thats life! LOL!

    :0)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails