Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Teaser Tuesdays: 3 This week

Karen's:
It was an odd request--visit a stranger's house and peer inside a closet--and as I drove through the neighborhood searching for the address, I felt my anxiety mounting.
From page 1 of Necessary Lies by Diane Chamberlain.

Gerard's:
When there is a new story about a woman killing her child, there is almost always some reference to my mother. Her story is that famous.
From page 8 of Sure Signs of Crazy by Karen Harrington.

Then she flipped him of with dismissive contempt.  That's all it took.  Rage blasted through him and orange spangles erupted in front of his eyes.
From page 34 of The Highway by C. J. Box.



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page (well, we cheat and choose specific ones)
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser.   

Happy Reading!

15 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to read CJ Box. I loved the Interestings. I have Sure Signs of Crazy here, wating to be read. I should get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these are all great teasers. Makes me want to know more. Here is my TT http://cynthiastacey.com/2013/09/24/teaser-tuesday-sept-24/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Diane Chamberlain intro!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So why is her Mother brought up when a child is killed? Click here to go to my TT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your heading. I have a grey tabby cat who could have posed for your picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some awesome teasers! They make me curious about all the books. I want to know why someone is going to a stranger's house to look in a closet, what happened with her mother, and why he is so full of rage over a simple gesture. I'll definitely be looking into these books! My Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those all sound good. The Highway is actually on my book wishlist. My teaser: Oliver Twist

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like some great reads! My teaser comes from Strong Poison by Dorothy Sayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All sounds good although I am most intrigued by Sure Signs of Crazy - off to check that out! Here's mine! http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2013/09/24/teaser-tuesday-september-24/

    ReplyDelete
  10. .... and I've been to check it out and sounds just up my street - another for my TBR *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting teasers.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/09/teaser-tuesday_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sure Signs of Crazy sounds like a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like all the teasers. I look forward to CJ Box's book.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The first one especially has me interested.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails