Saturday, February 15, 2014

"Independent Study" by Joelle Charbonneau (Updated)

Independent Study by Joelle Charbonneau is the second book in this Dystopian series about revitalizing the United States after it became devastated by wars.  It is now called the Commonwealth and a University is set up for training leaders.  Cia, at 17, is very smart and is eager to continue on with her studies after passing the initial testing because she wants to make a difference.  She has a good heart and helps others even though it puts herself in greater danger.

I really liked this book a lot because it's about leadership and what qualities make good leaders.  It was a page turner for me and I like that Cia, the main character, has so much integrity.  I'm hoping she can keep it intact throughout the next book titled Graduation Day.  I highly recommend this but only after you read The Testing.
(Karen's review, 5 stars)

Independent Study by Joelle Charbonneau picks up where The Testing left off.  We continue to follow Cia who has moved on to the University.  The first part of this book sets the stage for the second half which I found much more interesting.  I'll have to read the third book (Graduation Day) to see how this all plays out. 
(Gerard's review, 4 stars)

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. Not my genre, I'm afraid, but I'm glad you liked it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails