Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Tuesday Teasers: 3 This Week


Gerard's:
Eleven-year-old Jonathan Steingraber opened his eyes.  Some kind of loud noise had jolted him awake.  Definitely screams, a woman's screams, and they sounded close, as if they were coming from the living room, or the kitchen.

From page 50 of The Death Class--A True Story About Life by Erika Hayasaki.  Click link for Gerard's review that went up yesterday.



There was no way I could make this decision.  It would've been better had they just told me what needed to happen, left me no choice in the matter.

From page 14 of Pivot Point by Kasie West.  (Click link for Karen's review.)


Karen's
I am so seized by fear I cannot think of a prayer to say, so I do what I do every day, I talk to my Father, and as I sit there, hands trembling, heart racing, rifle in my view, I ask one simple question:  "God, what are we going to do now?"
From page 13 of Prepared for a Purpose  by Antoinette Tuff. (Click link for Gerard's review.)


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page (well, we cheat and choose specific ones)
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser.   

Happy Reading!

5 comments:

  1. Pivot Point is high on my wishlist!! It sounds awesome. Great teasers :) http://bookloverslife.blogspot.ie/2014/02/teaser-tuesday-25.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the first and the last teasers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The one from pivot Point caught my attention! My teaser: Dark Passage

    ReplyDelete
  4. great teasers!
    Liked the sound of Invention of WIngs you mentioned in your chat at FHC -
    will check out the library for an audio of it... thx for the headsup =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails