Friday, March 7, 2014

"This Star Won't Go Out" by Esther Earl with Lori and Wayne Earl

In This Star Won't Go Out --The Life and Words of Esther Grace Earl by Esther Earl with Lori and Wayne Earl, you get to know and meet a remarkable young lady, Esther.  This is her book and what a book it is—fun, thoughtful, loving and always interesting.  I went through a lot of emotions reading this one and was glad I had some tissue handy.  Esther’s friends talk about her and the bond they built with her.  These letters are the most touching part of the book.  Her mom and dad write in it too, and her dad’s eulogy at the funeral was so good!  I wish I could have met Esther.  This book will stay with me a long time!
 Here is a teaser from page 56:
You know, I have a really great attitude about all this cancer thing.  I smile, laugh and joke about it.
(Gerard's review, 5++ stars)

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. I loved THE FAULT IN OUR STARS by John Green and, apparently, this book was written by the girl who inspired the story, so I'm excited to read it! Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails