Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Tuesday Teasers: Four for You


Gerard's:
Snow thudded off the branches of one of the apples trees, making Ruthie jump.  Had something else moved, something deep in the shadows?  She held her breath, waiting.

From page 57 of The Winter People by Jennifer McMahon. (Click link for my review)



The realization that I may be onto something slams into me.  My parents tried to conceal this.  My brother passed it off as a joke.

From page 20 of Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott.  


Karen's
David was able to answer every question!  The nurse was blown away.  She couldn't understand how someone with such extensive brain injury was answering questions as though nothing had happened.
From location 294 on Kindle of Miracles--32 True Stories  by Joan Hileman.(Click link for my review)


Sometime later Benjamin returned from a scouting trip, and after standing by the fire to warm himself for a bit, he turned to Meshach.
"I found somethin' real interestin'."
From page 38 of Sisters of the Confederacy by Lauraine Snelling.  (Book 2 of A Secret Refuge series)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page (well, we cheat and choose specific ones)
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser.   
Happy Reading!

4 comments:

  1. Gerard's first one sounds scary, I like that! Intrigued by his second one.
    Karen's first one, what an inspiring notion! Sounds like a great book! The latter I wonder what he found.... Great teasers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teasers! I felt the fear in the first one - my fave one. Thanks for stopping by my teaser.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails