Monday, August 4, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays: Four Today


Gerard's:

What ws I doing on that train?
Where did I travel from?

What day of the week is it?  What month?  What year?

From page 8 of What She Saw by Sheila Lowe. (We both loved this one, see our reviews)

You think something has happened to Mia, but instead I say, "I think we act now and thank God later when this all turns out to be a big misunderstanding.  I'm certain she's fine, I am, but I'd hate to overlook this whole thing without at least looking into it."
From page 16 of The Good Girl by Mary Kubica.

Karen's:
The junior high students also prayed for the other lady who needed her leg to grow out.  Immediately, her shorter leg grew out to the normal length.  She stood up to check out her leg and discovered that she was totally healed with no more back pain.
From page 93 (Location 1012-13 on Kindle) of The Risk Factor:  Crossing the Chicken Line Into Your Supernatural Destiny by Kevin Dedmon and Chad Dedmon.  (Review posted soon)

     And despite our differences, what we both knew--what we lived every day--was how it felt to be helpless, to wake up each morning and go to sleep each night afraid.

     For as long as I can remember, I knew that my parents were out of control.  I knew they were capable of anything.
From page 33 of Let The Tornado Come by Rita Zoey Chin.  (See Gerard's review tomorrow.)


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
    Happy Reading!

8 comments:

  1. I admit, I am most intrigued by "What She Saw." How does one end up on a train without any knowledge of it? Mine: The Moonstone

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much from which to choose! A couple of them sound pretty interesting.

    Mine this week: http://wp.me/pZnGI-aw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting teasers! Here's mine:
    http://www.owlcatmountain.com/2014/08/05/tuesday-teaser-august-5/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every single book you posted about today is intriguing to me! So my TBR list has just grown by four. I don't know whether to thank you or not.
    My Tuesday post features BETTER THAN YOUR DREAMS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the last line!

    How about a Christmas cozy mystery to help to cool you down during the summer? Here's my latest teaser: http://pdworkman.com/excerpt-from-christmas-carol-murder-teasertuesday-2/

    ReplyDelete
  6. My curiosity has been piqued by two of the teasers here. One of the teasers is from "What She Saw" and the other one is from "Let The Tornado Come".

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am definitely intrigued by Karen's first one... Omgosh!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails