Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Teaser Tuesday



Gerard's:

Hero gently licks Brian Anderson's cheek, interrupting his dream.  It's a recurring dream that puts Anderson back on the battlefield in Afghanistan--a chaotic, intense combat zone where Anderson, amid all of the carnage, is fighting for his life.

From page 26 of Reporting For Duty--True Stories of Wounded Veterans and Their Service Dogs by Tracy Libby



I lay there for a moment longer, overwhelmed, my mind spinning, my life pinning me down.  I then performed my morning ritual for the past nineteen years:  I cursed God, then prayed to Him and pushed myself out of bed.

From page 21 of It's.  Nice.  Outside. by Jim Kokoris.

Karen's:
My eyes glanced over a huge fallen timber, a nylon tent crushed underneath its massive trunk.  But when I saw a hiking boot with the leg still attached peeking out from the destroyed tent, I realized I had been wrong.

From page 44 of Stranded by Melinda Braun.

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just pick two sentences from the book you are reading. 

Happy Reading!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, the teaser to Stranded caught my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Stranded and Reporting for Duty both grabbed at me. I'm not sure what Stranded is about but I know I'd keep reading. Here's my intro and teaser from an Anthony Horowitz teen read (also enjoyable for adults): http://wp.me/p4DMf0-17E

    ReplyDelete
  3. These all sound good. The teaser on my YA blog comes from a fantasy - Sword and Verse by Kathy MacMillan. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails