Thursday, January 28, 2016

"This is Where it Ends" by Marieke Nijkamp


This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp kept my attention throughout with the suspense and various points of view explaining what was happening during a school shooting in a little town.  It focused on a few best friends and some brothers and sisters.  Practically the entire book covers one hour, the time in which the whole school is in the auditorium at the beginning of the semester with the shooter who has locked them in.  Only a few kids were not in the assembly.  

I had no sympathy whatsoever for the shooter in this story.  I lot of people got shot which was sad; however, since I didn't feel any strong connection to the characters, I didn't shed any tears.  This was good, but I liked Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult and Columbine by Dave Cullen better which are also about school shootings.
(Karen's review, 1/25/16, 3 stars)

This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp is about a shooting at a high school. It is told by four teens who go to that school. I thought this book was really, really good! I felt like I was in the school when the shooting started. The emotions of the four teens seem very real. Once you start reading this book, it is almost impossible to put down. With all the shootings going on, this could be right out of the real news.  This is the best book I've read so far this month!
(Gerard’s review 1/22/16, 5++ stars) 

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails