Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Teaser Tuesday


Gerard's:

The dog had two red lights for eyes, and although Sarah Schoefel knew they were nothing but colored lenses over laser targeting systems, she swore that those eyes glared at her.  With menace, with what she felt was a kind of bloody, wicked pride.
From page 48 of Dogs of War by Jonathan Maberry.


My heart is a yo-yo, whizzing up and down, and he's the one pulling the string.  Only I didn't ever know it could go this high.
From page 51 of Windfall by Jennifer E. Smith.
 
By the time we finished with the introductions, I realized that I wasn't the only one who had been separated from a sister or brother or parents.  We lay there, listening to the constant thunder of bombs in the distance, each of us wrapped in our own personal pain.

From page 30 of Making Bombs for Hitler by Marsha Forchuk.

Karen's:

The unrelenting weight of these stone walls would no longer be kept tolerable by his sister's presence, by the motivation that he was working toward her future as well as his own.  The whole world keeps on turning while you just try to hold your own life together.
From page 9 of Girl on the Leeside by Kathleen Anne Kenney.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by The Purple Booker.   Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just pick two sentences from the book you are reading.  Happy Reading!

5 comments:

  1. Nice bunch of teasers. All of the books are new to me. My teaser is from Indigo by Charlaine Harris and a host of others. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your teasers. I'm especially curious about Dogs Of War.

    My TT from Passport To Murder

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice. I like the one from Dogs of War.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of any of these either! Thank you for sharing them!!
    My teaser is from: King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard

    ReplyDelete
  5. Windfall sounds good!
    https://carabosseslibrary.wordpress.com/2017/11/08/teaser-tuesday-2/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails