Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Teaser Tuesday


Gerard's:
Evelayn dropped to her knees, tears spilling out onto her cheeks.  And then she crumpled forward, curling into a ball on the grass, the hot sunshine pouring over her as she shuddered with sobs.
From page 79 of Dark Breaks the Dawn by Sara B. Larson.

"Mista!  You hear me talkin' at you?"  The midwife turns mean now. 
From page 17 of Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate.

Karen's:

"I mean, you're the one who'll be missing out.  Who turns down twenty million dollars?"

From page 90 of Windfall by Jennifer E. Smith.

So she took a deep breath and let herself believe she was the fierce and powerful girl everyone thought she was.  And she stared right back.
From page 19 of Roar by Cora Carmack.
 
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by The Purple Booker.   Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just pick two sentences from the book you are reading.  Happy Reading!

9 comments:

  1. I like the sound of Roar:). I hope you're enjoying these books - a lovely spread of different reads. My TT this week is from Tudor London... https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2017/06/27/teaser-tuesday-27th-june-2017/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROAR is very good, can't wait for book 2 to come out.

      Delete
  2. I'm curious about Roar as I see it everywhere right now. And Before We Were Yours intrigues me too.

    My TT from Iced

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twenty million dollar is a lot to turn down! But do you have to sell your soul?

    Mine this week is from a murder mystery: https://wp.me/p3Nz8P-1mA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, she bought her friend a lottery ticket and he won! Then he wanted to split his winnings with her and she didn't want it.

      Delete
  4. Oh no. What happen to her?


    mine: https://storytreasury.wordpress.com/2017/06/26/teaser-tuesday-thinking-machines/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teasers. All of these books are new to me. This week I am reading The Reluctant Queen by Sarah Beth Durst. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all new to me too! But i definitely want to know more! Thank you for sharing!

    My teaser is from: Anomaly by Tonya Kuper

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails