Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Teaser Tuesday


Gerard's:

No matter how many times I struck him, he never died.  Instead, his eyes glowed with the fires of the demons whose power he'd wielded, as he laughed and laughed at me . . .
From page 13 of Ignite by Sara B. Larson (2nd book of Defy series).

"Do not thank me.  All I did was teach them to fear me."
From page 16 of And I Darken by Kiersten White.

Even with the door shut, the smell still lingered in my nose.  I looked down at his knife and tried to keep my expression neutral, despite the uneasiness in my gut.
From page 15 of Defy by Sara B. Larson.

Karen's:

Now someone new and different had entered the territory, and this made Dee look at the space anew and suddenly find it shabby, and herself an alien in it.  Like him.
From page 10 of Dew Boy by Tracy Chevalier.

"Hi--whoa there, look out for the mantelpiece!"  This was to Michael, who had suddenly risen from the floor and was swooping through the air, roaring with laughter, and just grazing the china ornaments on the mantelpiece as he passed.
From page 49 of Mary Poppins 80th Anniversary Collection by P. L. Travers.
 
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by The Purple Booker.   Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just pick two sentences from the book you are reading.  Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. Lots of interesting tidbits. Hope you're both enjoying them. Here's my link for today's intro and teaser: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-1yE

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails