Friday, November 24, 2017

"The Last Girl" by Nadia Murad

The Last Girl--My Story of Captivity, and My Fight Against the Islamic State by Nadia Murad is a true story!   Nadia was born and raised in Kucho, a small village in Iraq.  Life was okay and she enjoyed her large family.  She had plans for her future, but that all changed when Isis moved in and took over.  Her life became a nightmare! 

Teaser from page 60:  I couldn't see them as people.  Like the guns they carried and the tanks they drove, the men themselves were just weapons to me, and they were aimed at my village.

This is not an easy book to read.  Nadia went through unspeakable horror!  This book opened my eyes to what these people had to deal with.  I give her so much credit for telling her story!
(Gerard's review, 5++ stars)

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails