Sunday, January 12, 2020

"The Passengers" by John Marrs was a Page Turner for Me

Imagine being in a car that you have no control of.  That is what happens in The Passengers by John Marrs!  This is what a few people in this novel face and they are told that the end of their ride will probably end very badly for them.  The mystery is Who is doing this and why were these people chosen?

I greatly enjoyed this book and had trouble putting it down.  There is plenty of good action and enough twists that I did not know what bombshell was going to drop!  I enjoyed all the characters and the writing made this book fly by!  This is my first "Must Read" recommendation of 2020.
(Gerard's review, 5++ stars)

Karen's review:
The Passengers by John Marrs is about automated driverless cars and six hostages in cars that took over control. This is one thriller I did not care for at all.  I read it because my husband enjoyed it so much and said it was a "must read" but we do not agree on this one.  I did not like the writing style nor the way the story was told. It dragged along for me and I was glad when I finally finished it. I was caught by surprised at the ending, but even that wasn’t enough to make me recommend this to someone. I plowed through it, but did not enjoy it. This is one my husband and I had opposite views on. (2 stars)

Teaser from page 9:  "Neither of those things matter right now," the voice replied.  "The only thing you need to know at this point is that two hours and thirty minutes from now, it is highly likely that you will be dead."

To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails