Sunday, April 12, 2020

"The Turn of the Key" by Ruth Ware Is One We Both Liked!

In The Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware, Rowan does not like the job she has.  When she comes upon an ad she thinks this could be the answer to her prayers.  But she has to get this job and she does!  She thinks all her problems are solved, but really they've just begun!  I thought this book was very good!  I liked the character of Rowan a lot.  I never knew what would happen next.  There are some parts where there is nothing going on; however, those are few.  The story makes up for them and the ending part was very good!
(Gerard's review of 3/9/20, 5+ stars)

Karen's review:
I read The Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware because my husband recommended it and I was intrigued by the book summary.  It was very good about a nanny who takes a live-in position at a house in Scotland with a history of murder and a reputation for being haunted.  It is told in a very unusual way with twists I did not see coming.  This is a murder mystery that I had no clue who the murder was.  There is much deception in this book and it certainly kept my interest all the way through!
(5 stars)

Teaser from page 17:  All this time I have been telling myself that if only someone would let me clear my head and get my side of the story straight, without interrupting, maybe this whole awful mess would get sorted out.

To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails