Friday, September 11, 2020

"Little Broken Things" by Nicole Baart

In Little Broken Things by Nicole Baart, Quinn receives a message from her sister, Nora.  Nora has something for her.  Turns out that something is a little girl!  Nora tells her to keep her safe and then takes off.  For the most part, this book was good but dragged in some parts.  The story itself was good.  I just think it could have been told shorter.  The ending was the best part of the book for me.  (Gerard's review 8/14/20, 4 stars)

Karen's review 9/11/20:
Little broken things by Nicole Baart is about a two sisters, Nora and Quinn, and a little girl who Nora dumps off on Quinn with no information as to why or who she is except instructions to just keep her safe for a few days.  It deals with motherhood and family.  I can't say much more than that without giving things away. 

I thought this book was okay but did not like how it dragged along and jumped from parts I was interested in to something else entirely.  It has discussion questions in the back for use at book clubs as well as some suggested activities for book clubs related to the story.  (3 stars) 

Teaser from page 31:  What could she say?  Get the quest room ready, I'm strapping you with a reticent six-year-old for I don't know how long.  Oh, and I don't intend to tell you a thing about her. 

To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails