Tuesday, October 20, 2020

"The Ballad of Song Birds and Snakes" by Suzanne Collins

The Ballad of Song Birds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins is about the kickoff to the tenth annual Hunger Games.  The main characters are 18-year-old Coriolanus Snow and his underdog tribute, Lucy Gray.  I thought this book was okay.  The two problems I had with it were that the characters were not developed enough and the lack of action at times.  The story line was easy enough to follow and the ending was okay.  (Gerard's review 10/20/20, 3.5 stars)

Karen's review:  The Ballad of Song Birds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins is all about Coriolanus Snow who mentors Lucy Gray in the tenth annual Hunger Games.  I would say this is kind of a pre-requisite to The Hunger Games series.  I liked the first half of the book better than the second and did not like the ending.  I agree with my husband that at times things seemed to drag along, lacking action.  I looked forward to reading this simply because I loved The Hunger Games Series and this was by the same author, but was disappointed.  It is no where near as good as the books in the series. I would recommend you save your time and skip this one.  (3 stars) 

Teaser from page 64:  "They're not animals, though," said Sejanus.  "They're kids, like you and me."

To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails