Wednesday, June 30, 2021

"Her One Mistake" by Heidi Perks

In Her One Mistake by Heidi Perks, Charlotte and Harriet are friends.  When Charlotte is looking after Alice, Harriet's daughter, she is fine with that until Alice turns up missing!  How could that have happened?  This book is told by both Charlotte and Harriet.  I thought this book was very good.  The story line kept things interesting and what I thought I knew, I really didn't!  This is a very enjoyable read that I highly recommend!  (Gerard's review, 5++ stars) 

Karen's review:
Her One Mistake by Heidi Perks is about two friends and a missing child.  Charlotte finally convinces Harriet that it's okay to let Charlotte take Harriet's little girl, 4-yr.-old Alice, to the fair along with her own kids.  Unfortunately, when Charlotte's kids come off the ride, Alice isn't with them.  They look everywhere but can't find her.  The police and many people also searched for her but she is gone!  

The surprise turn of events captured my interest.  This one had me fooled! It was narrated by both Harriet and Charlotte.  This might make for an interesting book club read.  I found myself first feeling sorry for Harriet and then for Charlotte.  I was wrong about what I thought happened to Alice as well!  (4 stars)  

To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails