Saturday, September 15, 2012

"Love and Respect" by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs A (UPDATED)

Want a better marriage?  Read this!
Love and Respect by Emerson Eggerichs is a pretty good book about the needs of a man and a woman in marriage.  I think no matter what stage your marriage is in, you will get some good advice to help improve your bond.  Some of the examples he uses are funny, but make the point.
(Gerard's review)

Love and Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs is a helpful book for couples based on Biblical principles that he shares at Love and Respect conferences.  Throughout the book he includes letters and emails from men and women who tell how attending the conference made a difference in their lives as they put these things into practice. In a nutshell, husbands should love their wives as Christ loves the church and wives should respect their husbands because God commands them to do that.   A husband's deepest need is to be respected while the wife's deepest need is to be loved.  He also shares specific ways for doing just that and funny analogies to make his points.

It made me realize that I should treat my husband like a king if I want to be treated like a queen. I read this on my Kindle and highlighted quite a bit of things that stood out to me. I recommend it for any couple seeking to save their marriage or to just try to make a good marriage even better!
(Karen's review)

For a post about how we put concepts from this book into practice right away, see "He Said, She Said"

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails