Saturday, September 1, 2012

"This is Where I Leave You" by Jonathan Tropper

Disappointing

This is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper centers on a dad's death bed plea that he wanted his grown up kids and his wife to spend seven days together like a real family. I enjoyed the beginning very much and thought it had a lot of promise. The kids got on each other and their significant others. Parts were funny and sad as well; however, I just scanned through the last 100 pages which was about who was having sex with whom. I'm not into reading that and felt I had better books to read. If the author had stuck with the main premise, it would have been much better in my opinion. It also had offensive language so I can't really recommend this. Read it at your own risk.
(Gerard's review, rating 3 stars)

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails