Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Tuesday Teasers: Four Today

Karen's:
"Melody, if you can't decide what to leave here, I'll decide for you," she said and reached down to pluck the stuffed cat out of the suitcase.
"No!," I cried.  "That was the last thing Daddy gave me!"
From page 48 of Melody by V. C. Andrews.  (Melody is 15)

And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.  And this is his commandment, that we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
From I John 3:22-23 of the Holy Bible (KJV).

Gerard's:
"Then speak of this to no one," Papa said.  "Not even to Alexander."
From page 7 of Lara's Gift by Annemarie O'Brien.  (My review will be up tomorrow)

Keeping his gaze straight ahead, watching the forest, he whispered, "That's the last time.  Don't do something stupid like that again."
From page 87 of Variant by Robison Wells.



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page (well, we cheat and choose specific ones)
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser.   

Happy Reading!

9 comments:

  1. Great teasers! Here is ours: http://debdebreviews.wordpress.com/2013/08/27/teaser-tuesday-august-27/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teasers. I haven't read any of the books. My teasers this week are from Conjured by Sarah Beth Durst and A Study in Silks by Emma Jane Holloway. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read VC Andrews since the ghost writer took over. The books seemed to lack the depth of emotion they used to have. I'm curious as to what both of Gerard's are about. My teaser: Whiskey Beach

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading the teasers.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/08/teaser-tuesday_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. This is the first V.C. Andrews book I ever read and I'm enjoying it. This is the first of a series my husband has.

      Delete
  6. Great teases from your books. I just brought home The Bone Season today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the teasers. The first one made me sad, but it also made me wan to pick up the book. And the last one seems interesting too.

    Great teasers (and thanks for sharing that Bible verse).

    My teasers

    ReplyDelete
  8. once again surrounded by a bevy of beautiful women! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails