Tuesday, July 30, 2019

"The Wife Between Us" by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen

The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen has incorrectly been compared to Gone Girl and The Girl on the Train in my opinion.  I think it's laughable!  Those two books were way better!  The three main characters in this book are Richard, who has tons of money; Vanessa, who was his wife for a while; and Emma, his soon-to-be-wife.  This book had its moments, but needed more action for me.  The story line was okay and the ending was very good which surprised me!
(Gerard's review, 3.5 stars)

Karen's review:
The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen is a slow moving psychological thriller with twists I didn’t see coming. Richard appears to be the perfect husband, but when his “perfect” wife doesn’t meet his high expectations, he loses his temper. It’s almost as if he is two different people, very caring and affectionate at times, and then abusive and mean at other times. When Vanessa feels guilty about her manipulating, she actually tries to save Richard’s finance from marrying him.

This book was very slow moving for me about a bad marriage and the only reason I kept reading was because it was recommended to me by a friend. It does pick up and becomes more interesting eventually, but I had to plow my way through it. Some things just made no sense to me in the beginning. If you don’t mind a long road to a satisfying ending, then you would probably enjoy this one. If you prefer a fast-paced, action packed book with adventure and twists and turns, skip this one. It’s not for you. I only liked one character, Samantha, who was not a main one. (3 stars)

Teaser from page 19: Richard is engaged. My husband is actually going to marry her.


Teaser from page 10:  Morning is the worst time because, for a brief moment, my brain is clear.  The reprieve is so cruel.

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails