Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Tuesday Teaser: "I'm Outnumbered!" and "Promise Me"


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following:          
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser. 
Karen's:
After all, we'd hit upon a successful system and, by golly, it had worked with Boy #1. It was hard to accept that things didn't work the same with Boy #2.

From p. 21 of I'm Outnumbered!--One Mom's Lessons in the Lively Art of Raising Boys by Laura Lee Groves.

Gerard's:
He said, 'Go home, put things in order and cherish every minute with your loved ones.' He began to cry again. "I told him I didn't have a home."
From p. 69 of Promise Me by Richard Paul Evans

9 comments:

  1. Promise Me sounds promising. Great peak Gerard!! and Karen, is it a self help book??

    My Teaser: http://coffeecrackers.blogspot.com/2010/12/teaser-tuesdays-dec-28-2010.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teasers! I had two girls so I wouldn't know about raising boys.
    "Promise Me" sounds like an emotional book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice teasers! And I really like your nativity set....

    ReplyDelete
  4. cj: "Promise Me" is good. The review will be up soon. "I'm Outnumbered" is a self-help book on raising boys. The author has four boys and gives some good suggestions.

    SusanB: Yes, "Promise Me" is an emotional one.

    Julie: Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of these books! Great teasers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! I SO need to read I'm Outnumbered! I can completely relate to that teaser!! :) Thanks for sharing.

    Here's my Teaser! ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great teasers! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting! I'll wait for your review to see how much you liked this book.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails