Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tuesday Teaser: "Unbroken" and "It's A Cat's World...You Just Live In It"


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following:          
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser. 
Gerard's:
Men moaned and screamed, one calling for his mother.  A pilot thought the voices sounded "like animals crying."  Men's eardrums burst.  A man died of a heart attack.
From p. 169 of Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand.  (click on the title to see my review.)
Karen's:
Do you ever see your cat lying on them?  Nope--not unless you are trying to read them at the kitchen table.  So it's not that your cat wants to actually lie on a different surface for fun--your cat just wants you to realize that he's right there for you, supporting your every read.
From page 26 of It's A Cat's World...You Just Live In It by Justine A. Lee, DVM

12 comments:

  1. I definitely wouldn't want to be in that crowd. Your Teaser moved all of my five senses. I will have to look for Unbroken.

    http://lemon123.wordpress.com/weekly-memes-3/

    Your tuxedo cat looks just like my cat. Boots is a little bit bigger, I think. The markings are a little different too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, the first sounds like a rough one.

    Haha, that's so true. Cats always seem to think they're the centre of the universe and other creatures are allowed to exist in it out their mercy. I'm not a fan of cats since I'm pretty much petrified at the site of them (totally irrational fear, never been attacked by a cat or otherwise traumatized) and of course all the cats I've ever met wants to sit next/on me or at least be as close to me as possible at all times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the teasers--and especially like the accompanying picture! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. LIked them both -- especially the cat one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cats are that way, and I wouldn't want to be in that first one. Sounds like a bad place to be. Nice teasers today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting. I hope that you are enjoying your books. Wanna see what my Teaser for Tuesday is?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here is my teaser from Out of Touch by Brandon Tietz (Page vii):

    I used to be the kind of guy that would have no problem reading Playboy or Hustler on an airplane, but that me in "the before," and nearly everything has changed since that time in my life a little over a year ago.

    This is not a coming of age story.

    If that's what you're wanting then I suggest you put this down and read something else: something with a happy ending. Like Penthouse.

    Or: the funny pages.

    This is me giving you your official warning.

    Because where this goes, you might not be ready for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cat is just too smart and relaxing fine.

    Too cute :)

    http://aisleb.tumblr.com/post/2310975827/teaser-tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great teasers! Hope you're enjoying the books. And thanks much for stopping by my blog. :')

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the cat teaser! It's so true.

    Here's mine: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2010/12/teaser-tuesdays_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have wanted to read this since I stumbled on it scrolling through Barnes and Nobles upcoming releases.

    My Tuesday Teaser

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails