Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tuesday Teasers: 3 This Week!


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser. 
I'm back in the gym again!
Karen's Two:
I have found that strength training brings about the widest range of immediate, maintainable, and long-lasting physical and mental/emotional benefits.  Recent research proves that even with the very elderly and the very weak, effective strength training increases independent function skills and produces significant improvements in stair climbing, getting up from the floor, rising from the chair, and walking speed.
From p. 7 of Strength Training For Seniors--How to Rewind Your Biological Clock by Michael Fekete, CSCS, ACE (See "It Feels Great To See Progress" on our other blog about my gym experience.

Here's another I'm reading:
She looked up at John, his eyes patient, waiting for an answer.  How could she tell him she had Alzheimer's disease?  He loved her mind.
From p. 78 of Still Alice by Lisa Genova.

Gerard's:
"The Disaster March," he said, wrestling the apron over his head.  "Means something's gone bad--real bad."
From 13 of Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen.  (contains lots of swearing)

You can help Canine Lifeline (a dog rescue organization that saved our dog, Abby) by leaving a comment on any of our blogs in March. We will donate 50 cents per comment at the end of the month.

14 comments:

  1. It's funny how the mind blocks things out because I don't remember swearing in Water for Elephants.

    Conversely the book I am reading has tons of swearing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still Alice sounds heartbreaking.
    I've been thinking about reading Water for Elephants.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still Alice is one of my all time favorites of 2010 (or was it '09). I just read Left Neglected by the same author. Good job on the strength training. I need to get back to the gym and soon. Water for Elephants has been on my TBR forever. Come visit me:

    http://bookbelle0819.blogspot.com/2011/03/this-weekly-meme-hosted-by-miz-b-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. All great teasers! Thanks for stopping by SunnyReads!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read a book a few years ago called "Stoic Warriors" which promoted physical exercise as a way of increasing mental fortitude and self-control.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great set of teasers. I loved Water for Elephants.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll have to find a copy of "Strength Training For Seniors", it looks very helpful for later years.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to read Water for Elephants. Great teasers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you are back to the Gym, and enjoying the books.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bought Water For Elephants months ago and still haven't read it. Someday I will. Nice teasers! and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All your teasers are good.. I particularly am curious about Still Alice by Lisa Genova.. are you liking the book?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Still Alice sounds so sad. I've known many people like that. I may pick up Water for Elephants, thanks for the reviews and stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails