Monday, November 14, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: "Sweetness." "I Am in Here" and "The Guardian"


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser.   
Gerard's:
"I had no idea who he was. On the first day of practice I turned to hand the ball to him and he was so quick, I barely got it to him. Then I watched him run . . ."
From page 130 of Sweetness--The Enigmatic Life of Walter Payton by Jeff Pearlman.


Am I on display?
Why do they look at me that way?
I want to say
I am okay.
Sometimes I do things you may wonder about.
Just let me be and don't try to figure it out.

From page 43 of I Am in Here: The Journey of a Child with Autism Who Cannot Speak but Finds Her Voice by Bonker and Breen.

Karen's:
In the past, he'd been the good guy, the friend, the one she could always count on.  The one who fixed her car and played Frisbee with Singer, the one who spent the first two years after Jim's death holding her as she cried.
From page 64 of The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks.

You can help our charity of the month just by leaving a comment on any of our blogs! We will donate 50 cents per comment at the end of the month. The charity for this month is at the top of our blog.

14 comments:

  1. Only heard of the last book, but the second one looks really interesting.

    Also, I guess you don't like urban fantasy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Nicholas Sparks, but this is one I haven't read yet. The teaser is sad, but makes me wonder what the present and future hold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really interested in the Guardian. I love Nicholas Sparks, but haven't read that one yet. I'll have to track it down at my library. Here's mine if you're interested. http://danicapage.blogspot.com/2011/11/teaser-tuesday-9.html

    P.S. I think it's so cool that you are donating to a charity per comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the teaser from I Am In Here. Wonderful.

    Here's my Teaser from Christmas Jars! ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been a while since I have visited. Like always you guys have awesome teasers. =]
    Here is My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  6. They all sound pretty good. :)
    Here’s my Teaser Tuesday post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All three very good teases and books. I'd read them all. Here's my tease

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teasers! Here's mine: http://palmtreesbarefeet.wordpress.com/2011/11/15/teaser-tuesday-nanowrimo-novel-teaser/

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the poem from I Am Here.. Beautiful...

    Loved The Guardian.. I think I've read it three times or more.. lost count :)

    Great teasers!

    ~Keely~
    Realms of an Open Mind

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great teasers, enjoy! your books.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/11/teaser-tuesday_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. You all are reading some interesting books this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good teaser. This is my first visit to your blog and I love the cats. I have a grey tabby and my last cat was a tuxedo cat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always love Nicholas Sparks' books, but I haven't read this one yet.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails