Monday, November 21, 2011

Tuesday Teasers: "Dear Bully" and "Mudbound"


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser.   
Gerard's:
Shame has bound my truth and stolen away my words. How do you tell your mother you've become a target, a loser, a failure, a lunchtime joke?
From page 122 of Dear Bully--70 Authors Tell Their Stories

Karen's:
I tried to shape my happiness out of the fabric of his, like a good wife ought to, but his contentment tore at me. I would see him standing at the edge of the fields with his hands in his pockets, looking out over the land with fierce pride of possession, and think, He's never looked at me like that, not once.
.
Taken from page 130 of Mudbound by Hillary Jordan. (Click the link to see Gerard's review of this one.)

You can help our charity of the month just by leaving a comment on any of our blogs! We will donate 50 cents per comment at the end of the month. The charity for this month is at the top of our blog.

15 comments:

  1. great teasers!
    thanks for stopping by rather barefoot than bookless

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both sound great. :)
    Here’s my Teaser Tuesday post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! I want to read the Bully one! Here's mine

    P/S I'm following you =3

    ReplyDelete
  4. great teasers/ choices!
    New follower here :-)

    Here's mine:
    http://ttoria.blogspot.com/2011/11/teaser-tuesdays.html

    TToria
    xo
    http://ttoria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great teasers! I've heard Dear, Bully is amazing. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by The Bookish Babes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both went to my TBR- list immediately! Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. terrific teasers!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/11/teaser-tuesday_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome teasers, but they make me kind of sad!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    sinn @ sinnful books

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are both great teasers. Thank you for stopping by my blog.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gerard's teaser is so moving! And Karen's, so sad! Great choices!

    Teaser Tuesday @ Radiant Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good teasers. I particularly liked the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've had Mudbound on my "to read" list for a while now! Your teaser makes me want to read it even more!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Karen and Gerard,

    Two great teasers this week from some pretty emotional and powerful book choices, both so different and yet so similar!

    Gerards choice deals with a subject that most of us can relate to in some shape or form, both as young people and adults alike.

    Karens words were very poignant and from the heart, although the basis for the story, is once again controversial and emotionally demanding.

    I think that I would probably gain more from reading 'Mudbound' and have added that to my reading list, thank you for sharing.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails