Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tuesday Teaser: "The Crossing" and "Finding Danny"


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser.   
Karen's:

This is what happens when someone leads a secret life. One day, someone has enough of the duplicity and storms a bus of innocents to punish the guilty.
Taken from page 78 of The Crossing by Serita Jakes.

Gerard's:
"NOOOOO!" I screamed, my feet accelerating at a speed they had never reached before. Then I sprung high and wide, every muscle in my body focused, like a cheetah onto its prey.
Taken from page 54 of Finding Danny by Linzi Glass.  (See the previous post for my review of this one.)

Our cat Spunky Doodle (the black and white one) invites you to Right Where We Belong to see her video of having some Fun Before Work.

You can help our charity of the month just by leaving a comment on any of our blogs! We will donate 50 cents per comment at the end of the month. The charity for this month is at the top of our blog.

15 comments:

  1. Both are very dramatic & in such different ways. Here's my Teaser Tues:

    http://hilarywgraham.wordpress.com/2011/11/08/teaser-tuesday-when-it-happens-by-susane-colasanti/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both teasers are interesting, can't say I ever heard of either book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These both sound very exciting! Great teasers...and thanks for visiting my blog. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't heard of either of these before now. Good teasers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhh great teasers. :)

    thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it ironic to punish the innocents.

    I gotta wonder what the "Nooooo" was about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A couple of intense teasers this week! Mine: Silent in the Grave

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both books sound wonderful and right up my alley! My teaser is at http://socratesbookreviews.blogspot.com/2011/11/teaser-tuesdays-november-7th.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very dramatic teasers! These sound like good reads. Hope you are enjoying them!

    Thanks for stopping by my TT :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked both of these. Your other visitors are right about the drama in them. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the kitty looking at the book with the dog on the cover. Both are great teasers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice teasers! I also love how each comment is for charity! So awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great teasers; they both sound really exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both sound very interesting. Thanks for sharing :) thanks for stopping by!

    Amy @ Following The Reader

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails